Criteria for Selection
Criteria for selection:
- Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for consideration, all films must meet the following requirements:
- Films must have been completed after the launch date of 7th of April 2020
- Films must reference the theme of ‘connection’
- Films must be suitable for children or teenagers aged within the range of 5 to 18 years
- Film content should be creative, have broad appeal and demonstrate artistic and technical skills
- Content should speak positively to students of diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Every entry must include a release form signed by parents
- Films must be in their original language with English subtitles if the original language is not English
Entries are due by Friday 22 May at 5:00pm. Only films submitted to the correct category and received by the allocated deadline will be considered. Strathcona reserves the right to disqualify a submission should the submission not meet all of these requirements.
Films are to be uploaded to the festival website: http://www.co-videofestival.com
Any submission sent via USB, disc or other physical format will not be considered for the festival. For consideration for the performance prize the films must include credit titles.
- Authorised Use and Inclusion of Materials
All material must be original, including sound recordings, or used under the appropriate license (for example, Creative Commons).
Respect other artists by not using media of any kind without proper licenses, permissions and clearance.
All applicants will be notified of an outcome by end of Friday 15 May. Festival programmers select all Films presented at Friday 22 May. If the Submitter’s contact details change during the submissions period, you must inform Strathcona using the contact form on co-videofestival.com so records can be updated.
Selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. We do not provide critical analysis or feedback.
Correspondence and questions may be submitted to co-videofestival.com.
Prep – Grade 4 3 minutes or less. If the film is submitted and the length is greater than this definition stipulates, will mean that the film will not be considered for the festival
Grade 5 – 8 4 minutes or less. If the film is submitted and the length is greater than this definition stipulates, will mean that the film will not be considered for the festival
Years 9 – 12 5 minutes or less. If the film is submitted and the length is greater than this definition stipulates, will mean that the film will not be considered for the festival
BEST OF FESTIVAL – AGE CATEGORIES
BEST PERFORMANCE (ACTING)
BEST ORIGINAL USE OF SOUND
BEST SCRIPT / SCREENPLAY
Co-video Festival will not select films:
- With excessive violence, sexual references, profanity/coarse language, unsafe behaviours, use of Illegal substances or activities, or with content that advocates and supports discriminatory behaviour, such as racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias
- With multiple technical glitches